[ALAC-LT] A thought on new gTLD "rounds"

Tijani BEN JEMAA tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn
Thu Sep 15 07:58:07 UTC 2016

Good morning Alan,

I’m afraid this will lead to the same result. Even with categories, we failed to make the balance. Don’t forget that, for example, the community applications were evaluated by people who don’t know what’s a community and the result was that the only one supported application failed to pass the community evaluation, and then dropped.

We proposed to make a dedicated round for underserved regions and communities with a support program, but our proposal wasn’t listened to. If you propose an alternative small round for dot brand and the like, I don’t see the interest of the endusers in that proposal, and I’m not convinced that it will serve the public interest.

Tijani BEN JEMAA
Executive Director
Phone: +216 98 330 114
            +216 52 385 114