[ALAC-LT] ACTION ALT - Topics for discussion between the GAC and the ALAC during Dublin

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Tue Sep 29 13:14:42 UTC 2015


Could we expand on the gTLD safeguards - there were two aspects that troubled both of us - PICS and compliance - lets list them both (even as a subset of gTLD safeguards) And maybe a third element - how to make sure that the next round of new gTLDs has far more registries from countries outside of the US and Europe?

Another thought - what about privacy protection.  The latest example is the Whois Implementation WG on Whois conflicts.  The issue is that - particularly for European countries - the registrars are simply not allowed to release personal information except in allowable circumstances, but under the policy, they cannot have a blanket waiver based on national laws (mind you - that is becoming accepted, but not yet)

Holly
On 29 Sep 2015, at 7:42 pm, ICANN At-Large Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org> wrote:

> Dear All,
> 
> Please see the email below from Tracey Hind, GAC Secretariat. Topics GAC wish to discuss with ALAC are:
> ·       IANA stewardship transition
> ·       ICANN accountability
> ·       New gTLD Safeguards
> ·       the new ICANN meeting structure
>  
> Please confirm whether ALAC wish to add any additional topics.
> 
> Thank you.
> Kind regards,
> Gisella
> 
> 
> From: Gisella Gruber <gisella.gruber at icann.org>
> Date: Thursday, 24 September 2015 00:13
> To: Tracey Hind <tracey at acig.com.au>, Heidi Ullrich <Heidi.Ullrich at icann.org>
> Cc: GACSTAFF <gac-staff at icann.org>, Gisella Gruber <gisella.gruber at icann.org>
> Subject: ACTION HU - GAC Dublin - Topics for discussion between the GAC and the ALAC during Dublin
> 
> Dear Tracey,
> 
> Thank you for your email. I have cc’d Heidi Ullrich, Senior Director for At-Large who is working on the agendas.
> 
> We will get back to you with any additional topics.
> 
> Thank you.
> Kind regards,
> Gisella
> 
> From: Tracey Hind <tracey at acig.com.au>
> Date: Wednesday, 23 September 2015 04:21
> To: Gisella Gruber <gisella.gruber at icann.org>, Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine at icann.org>
> Cc: GACSTAFF <gac-staff at icann.org>
> Subject: Topics for discussion between the GAC and the ALAC during Dublin
> 
> Hi ALAC Secretariat,
>  
> We understand from Julia Charvolen that the GAC and ALAC have now confirmed the time of 1630 to 1730 on Tuesday 20th October for their Dublin meeting.
>  
> We believe that the following topics will be topics that the GAC is likely to want to speak with the ALAC about during that time:
>  
> ·       IANA stewardship transition
> ·       ICANN accountability
> ·       New gTLD Safeguards
> ·       the new ICANN meeting structure
>  
> If the ALAC has additional topics they would like to discuss, could you please advise us so that we can alert the GAC to this and they can consider it in advance.
>  
> Kind Regards,
> Tracey
>  
>  
> Would you like to read this message in a language other than English?  Please copy the message and paste it into https://translate.google.com.au/ and select your preferred language.
> ______________________
>  
> Tracey Hind
> ACIG GAC Secretariat
>  
> ACIG - Australian Continuous Improvement Group
> evaluate :: improve :: innovate
>  
> Office:  + 61 3 9347 6465
> Cell:       + 61 427 554 697
> tracey at acig.com.au
> www.acig.com.au
>  
> ACIG is an independent consulting firm engaged to provide secretariat support to ICANN's Governmental Advisory Committee.
>  
>  
> _______________________________________________
> ALAC-ExCom mailing list
> ALAC-ExCom at atlarge-lists.icann.org
> https://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/alac-excom

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/alac-excom/attachments/20150929/944382a1/attachment.html>


More information about the ALAC-ExCom mailing list