[ALAC-LT] ICANN meeting scheduling

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Sun Nov 9 22:56:45 UTC 2014

Hi Alan

Again - absolutely agree with the suggestions and the targets.  Not sure we will be able to end the 12 hour days - but it is worth a try.   And it will be a big job for Leon - so maybe the ALT can help.

What about having a session at the next ALT meeting with a skeleton schedule (just as easy to look at the LA schedule) to see what we normally do, what we want to preserve, and what we can lose.

For my two cents worth, the At Large Policy Round Table has always been a good opportunity for cross constituency discussion on issues of importance to ALAC.  I’m not sure that the privacy/proxy issues are still worth another session, but there are other issues - a quick look at the policy pages, plus suggestions can identify how best to use that time.  Maybe a wrap up on IANA transition - what was put forward on 15 January - what happens next? Maybe even a F2F on where we are up to with ATLAS II - what is outstanding, what should we be doing?

Also ask ALAC members for topics they want discussed F2F. (I’d still like a bit of time for registrant education - starting with the registrants’ rights document, but where else information is required.)

In short - Alan and Leon - it is up to us to determine how best to use our time.

Holly