[ALAC-LT] ICANN meeting scheduling

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sun Nov 9 16:08:27 UTC 2014

I have asked León to act as lead person working
with Staff to schedule ICANN meetings, and he has accepted.

One of the prime challenges is to fit in all of
our required and desired meetings and NOT
schedule most days from 7 am until 7 pm. To do
this, we will clearly have to exercise more
discretion in what meetings we schedule and who
we meet with. Lastly, to the extent possible,
timing of meetings and subsections should be
realistic to avoid running over, and allow time
to get from one meeting to another when room changes are required.

I would like to see us add one more day onto our
schedule, but that is clearly not going to happen in the current budget year.

If anyone feels that these targets are wrong, please speak up!

This will no doubt be a rather thankless job, so
I will start by thanking León for taking it on,
and I hope we will all support him in making our
ICANN meetings more effective and perhaps just a bit less stressful.