[ALAC-ExCom] IOC / RC Working Group Progress - Memo from ICANN staff

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sat Mar 3 04:19:11 UTC 2012

The general reaction to parts of the staff document on the
DT/GAC/GNSO call ranged from ill-advised to a-bit-late to wrong (all
my paraphrasing, people were very polite).

The decision was taken to put the recommendations out for public
comment (which now implies 21 days for comments plus 21 days for
replies) with the understanding that these periods notwithstanding,
the GNSO Council (and therefore perhaps the Board) may take action on
the recommendations in Costa Rica.

ICANN staff and in particular Margie did the impossible and the
posting was drafted and went live within a few hours of the end of the meeting.

Alan