[ALAC-ExCom] Unsure availability for the next two weeks

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Mon Jun 27 02:47:27 UTC 2011

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone had a safe trip home. Mine was reasonably uneventful.

As I may have mentioned to some of you, I will be leaving to attend another
conference less than 48 hours after arriving home from Singapore. This
conference<http://www.iasfmconference.org/index.php?conference=iasfm13&schedConf=iasfm13>in
Kampala, Uganda is for my employer, which in true At-Large fashion has
absolutely nothing to do with Internet governance. And at this conference I
will be both a presenter and support staff.

As you can appreciate, my employer will have first call on my time
availability for the duration of this trip. Also, while I have been told
that Internet connectivity will be available at the conference location,
those of you who stayed at the Leico Hotel during the ICANN Nairobi meeting
know that reality does not always match expectations when it comes to
connectivity.

As a result, the short-term level of my access to Skype, conference calls,
Confluence and even email is undetermined. I cannot assure this group that I
will be able to reliably participate in anything between now and July 10
when I return home. I will do my best, and stay involved best I can, but can
make no promises. I may require dial-outs for meetings provided I am able to
attend. Please register me as "regrets" in any ALAC, Excom or working group
meeting which I may be unable to attend during this period.

Please do not take the temporary reduction of my participation between now
and then to indicate any reduced interest.

- Evan