[ALAC-ExCom] JAS WG

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Jun 15 05:14:45 UTC 2011

Dear Stéphane,

thank you very much for your kind message. Please be so kind to thank
the GNSO Council on their drafting and approval of the motion. This
opens the way for the community to review the working group's Second
Milestone Report and is a step in the right direction for support
programs to be implemented for suitable applicants. We anticipate the
GNSO Council's continued support and endorsement of the Second Milestone
Report's goals in sync with ALAC's approval.

The ALAC has been a strong supporter of this working group since its
inception and we believe that it is core to ICANN's mission to allow for
applicants from all regions of the world to apply for new gTLDs. Support
programs will strengthen ICANN's legitimacy worldwide as a fair,
multi-stakeholder, bottom-up organisation coordinating the Internet's
identifiers. I  look forward to our combined renewed efforts to bring
the Applicant Support program to a successful outcome.

Warmest regards,

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond
ALAC Chair

--