[ALAC-ExCom] ALAC meeting with the Board / Follow-up on EURODIG

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Sat Jun 4 22:49:48 UTC 2011

Dear Olivier,

as discussed in Belgrade, Sandra and I will draft a short proposal regarding
education of Internet users to be submitted for and discussed in Singapore.
I guess, we can accomplish this paper the week before the ICANN meeting
starts.

Kind regards,
Wolf

 Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond wrote Sat, 04 Jun 2011 16:18:2
>Dear Sandra and Wolf,
>
>I am following up on our discussion we had at EURODIG about the need to
>Education to be a key part of ICANN's outreach effort. In several
>informal discussions I had with ICANN Board members in Russia and in
>Belgrade, it was suggested that At-Large be a key part of the ICANN
>outreach effort that will soon be launched with the launch of the new
>gTLD process.
>
>More specifically, At-Large, with its global local footprint in
>communities, has the experience of Internet users and can contribute to
>both education about Domain Names, but also education about Internet
>Governance, and the multi-stakeholder process which ICANN is all about.
>The At-Large Review has shown that one of the weaknesses of our
>community is the difficulty that a simple user would have in
>understanding At-Large, and the whole ICANN ecosystem.
>
>To this extent, following-up on our discussions and in advance of the
>Singapore meeting of At-Large with the Board, would you please email us
>a short proposal of bullet-points concerning education of Internet users:
>- who register domain names
>- who wish to get involved in ICANN / a foundation course into ICANN
>governance
>
>1-2 pages of bullet points is enough - just to be included in the
>discussion agenda in Singapore.
>Many thanks and kind regards,
>
>Olivier
>
>--