[ALAC-ExCom] ALAC meeting with the Board / Follow-up on EURODIG

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sat Jun 4 14:18:29 UTC 2011

Dear Sandra and Wolf,

I am following up on our discussion we had at EURODIG about the need to
Education to be a key part of ICANN's outreach effort. In several
informal discussions I had with ICANN Board members in Russia and in
Belgrade, it was suggested that At-Large be a key part of the ICANN
outreach effort that will soon be launched with the launch of the new
gTLD process.

More specifically, At-Large, with its global local footprint in
communities, has the experience of Internet users and can contribute to
both education about Domain Names, but also education about Internet
Governance, and the multi-stakeholder process which ICANN is all about.
The At-Large Review has shown that one of the weaknesses of our
community is the difficulty that a simple user would have in
understanding At-Large, and the whole ICANN ecosystem.

To this extent, following-up on our discussions and in advance of the
Singapore meeting of At-Large with the Board, would you please email us
a short proposal of bullet-points concerning education of Internet users:
- who register domain names
- who wish to get involved in ICANN / a foundation course into ICANN
governance

1-2 pages of bullet points is enough - just to be included in the
discussion agenda in Singapore.
Many thanks and kind regards,

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html