[ALAC-ExCom] Loose ends to tie up

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Apr 7 20:26:35 UTC 2011

Evan,

happy with your other comments, but:

On 07/04/2011 20:10, Evan Leibovitch wrote :
> *3) Things to delete*
>
> The Knowledge database thing. That's important, but it really should
> be driven by staff with our guidance and not by us. That's mechanics
> -- a good system should outlast our terms here.

It's not only a database. It is a system whereas any At-Large member is
able to both make use of the system, as well as bring their input to the
system to share their experience with others.
So yes - the mechanics should be worked out by staff, but there also
needs to be an engagement from all of us to decide what will be worth
putting in there, and what will not be worth putting there. (and how to
stimulate people in putting knowledge there - which is a big question in
itself)

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html