[ALAC-ExCom] Loose ends to tie up

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 20:06:01 UTC 2011

Dear Olivier:
Your list of things makes it abundantly clear that the ALAC MUST cherry-pick
its issues and focus it resources if it is to remain influential.

And there are 3 core strategic imperatives for us.

To my mind we must keep on top of the GNSO processes because of all that
they imply for a few things we should care about in context of  gTLDs: all
matters related to consumer protection, choice and access.

The ALAC must insist that a continuous messaging and feedback capability
must be built into ICANN operations and maintained to vouchsafe the
transparency and accountability framework to which it is supposed to be
committed.

Finally, if we must advance At-Large interest, we should look for and
cultivate opportunities to collaborate with other stakeholder groups in
projecting our interests thru joint initiatives and seeing them thru to
implementation.

Cheers,
Carlton

Carlton A Samuels