[ALAC-ExCom] Best Practice Awards and IGF panels - ICANN Sydney.pdf

Cheryl Langdon-Orr cheryl at hovtek.com.au
Wed Jun 10 23:02:21 EDT 2009

  can we distribute this to our announce list please and I'm assuming
several of US will be attending this event  so can we place it also on
schedules (as optional obviously)   intro text to the file could be...

For any of you coming to ICANN Sydney Meeting please note you are more
than welcome to attend a series of events auDA will be hosting on
Saturday, 20 June 2009.

At 1:00pm, auDA and InternetNZ will launch the "2009 Australia and New
Zealand Internet Best Practice Awards" -- an initiative designed to
recognise individuals, companies and organisations that have contributed
to the security, openness, accessibility and diversity of the Internet.

At 2:30pm, auDA will convene three expert panels to discuss:

·         the background and achievements of the United Nations'
Internet Governance Forum,

·         regional and national events feeding into the IGF, and

·         the IGF's future mandate and role.

The events will be held at Function Rooms 4 &5, Level 4, Sydney Hilton,
488 George St, Sydney.

These are open sessions and ICANN Sydney attendees, potential Best
Practice Award applicants and all stakeholders interested in learning
more about the governance of the Internet are welcome to attend.

* *

For more information, please refer to the attached documentation or
contact auDA's Public Affairs Officer, Paul Szyndler at
paul.szyndler at auda.org.au <mailto:paul.szyndler at auda.org.au>

* *