[ALAC-ExCom] Additional PSC Statement and new PSC Documents

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Thu Jun 4 04:49:29 EDT 2009

Sorry it has taken a couple of days to reply to this.

With respect to the new documents, as you'll have seen we sent an
announcement to the working group letting everyone know they have been
posted. The Board will discuss these documents in Sydney, as will the
community, but no action will be taken there by the Board.

May I propose the following as a course of action?

In Sydney, this topic get discussed as one of the policy areas to focus
on. I just spoke to Cheryl about various things and she thinks this is
an obvious area of priority.
Following Sydney, a telephonic briefing be conducted on the documents,
taking into account the discussions in Sydney, to prepare for a
statement from the Working Group on the Subject.

As the WGs chair, how do you feel about this procedure?

Sébastien Bachollet wrote:
> Thanks Nick for this question/proposal.
> My answer is both ;)
> As the current supplementary statement is stick with the PSC document, it is
> easier to send it as comments of that same document.
>
> In the same time we need to use all the work done by At-Large and
> specifically the one done during the Summit and since to setup a a response
> to the newly-posted documents.
> All the best
>
> Sébastien Bachollet
> Président d'honneur - Isoc France