[ALAC-ExCom] ALAC and Conficker

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 20:42:28 EDT 2009

As  a moderate risk PC security issue for both residential and commercial
users and a DNS matter (I'm sure I remember something about generation of
domain names and suffix attachments stuff with this worm though that might
be post Mexico additions this was an April 1st issue as well was it not??? )
it certainly would have been a matter that the At-Large Community and ALAC
would have asked for a briefing or information set on...  In fact it would
be an ideal topic for either a pre or post Sydney briefing where ALAC and
any other AC/SO interests  could join an online presentation IMO... It would
also compliment (unless it's actually being covered as a topic per se) in
the malicious use of the DNS Forum for Sydney that has both ALAC & GAC
interest peaked as well...
Dave you might want to check with GAC as well in case it was them (I've
c.c'd to Janis as you can see)  and if they wish so then both AC's could
'co-host the briefing'...  but regardless I'm happy to have this as an ALAC
briefing with an open to all interested in ICANN community invitation...  We
in At-Large and the LAC alway enjoy your briefings Dave so 'Senor moments
are not a problem (though if your not on a statin drug to lower cholesterol
and your concerned you could start a prophylactic dose of those I can bore
you more on that research  in Sydney) as were happy to take advantage of you
regardless :-)

CLO

--
Cheryl Langdon-Orr