[ALAC-ExCom] Extend Comment Period on Draft ALAC Position Description?

Matthias Langenegger matthias.langenegger at icann.org
Thu Aug 20 05:38:52 CDT 2009

Dear ExCom,

Contrary to what was said during our phone call on Tuesday, the French and Spanish versions of the Draft ALAC PD have not yet been published for comment. We just received the translations yesterday. Sorry about the confusion.

According to the announcement sent out on 11th August, English speakers have two weeks to comment on the Draft ALAC PD (ending on 25th August). To ensure that French and Spanish speakers will have as much time as the English speakers, we suggest that we extend the deadline for the French and Spanish versions for two week starting today and closing on 3rd September, which would still be more than a week before the end of the nomination periods:

Nomination for ALAC Representatives are accepted until 12th September.
Nominations for the position of Board Liaison are accepted until 15th September.
Nominations for other liaison positions are accepted until 9th October.

Please let us know if you agree with this proposal.

Kind Regards,
 --
Matthias Langenegger
At-Large Coordination Officer