[Alac-excom] Improvement of the win-win relationship between the Staff and the At-Large Community

Sébastien Bachollet sebastien.bachollet at isoc.fr
Tue Jun 3 16:56:13 EDT 2008

Dear Mr. Teboul,
Strange mail!
Isn't it?
Sébastien Bachollet
Président
sebastien.bachollet at isoc.fr
www.egeni.org
www.isoc.fr
 -----Message d'origine-----
De : Frederic Teboul [mailto:frederic.teboul at icann.org]
Envoyé : vendredi 30 mai 2008 17:49
À : sebastien.bachollet at free.fr
Cc : Frederic Teboul
Objet : TR : Improvement of the win-win relationship between the Staff and
the At-Large Community

Dear Mr. Bachollet,

First of all, please allow me to introduce myself in case I have not
talked/emailed to you already.
[SBT] Ah bon c vrai! Iti s not the first one!
My name is Frederic and since last month, I am your new At-Large Regional
Affairs Manager. I began my career in the French Foreign Service in 1997,
then I worked for several United Nations' Organizations from 2000 to 2005
and I recently joined ICANN from the private sector. I have a PhD in Social
Science, an MA in Political Science and an Executive MBA. I believe that
those experiences in the public and private sectors, in a variety of
international decision-making environments, working with governments, civil
society and industry stakeholders from more than 200 different countries
made me ready for my new assignments.
[SBT] ;)
I am trying to identify the best way I could support the 5 RALOs and its
ALSes, facilitating their involvement in policy development as well as
assisting them in their work representing the individual Internet user’s
interest in ICANN. Nevertheless, I have to admit that even if I am learning
a lot throughout the teleconferences and the interactions with your regional
leaders, I need your help and this is why, I have decided to conduct an
audit [SBT] strong word! Is it really an audit or you want to learn how it
is working. We have currently a review process by an outsider company.
on each RALO, which will certainly lead to a proper business plan.

Therefore, in order to proceed in the most professional, effective and
efficient way, I would like to ask you to answer very briefly to the
following 7 questions by the end of next week (Friday 6th June):
[SBT] I am not sure that it is the best way to interact with us and the
Euralo members.
1. What issues are most important to your RALO and your region?
[SBT] It is not an individual question but rather a question to be handled
by the ralo board.
My first need it is a summary of the document we want to be discuss by the
ALSs and a translation in different languages.
2. How can we help make your time efficient?
[SBT] A real easy to us collaborative tool and a conf call.
3. What challenges and opportunities do you see for your region?
[SBT] A real support to the Euralo board by Icann Staff.
4. How could we increase interaction between communities?
[SBT] The ALSs Summit (in Paris ;)). Help to organized meetings in Europe of
the Euralo board and different subgroup.
5. What are the top three priorities you would list for your regions?
[SBT]
a/ Interact with regional rep of each other Icann constituencies.
b/
c/
6. What are the top three objectives you would like to see achieved for your
regions?
[SBT] More ALSs in the region and at least one in each country.
7. What are the top three activities you would like to see implemented and
practiced in your region?

Last, but certainly not least, in order to facilitate our communication, we
would appreciate to receive your full contact information (Email, Office and
Skype Addresses, Work and Home Telephones, Fax and Mobile).
[SBT] You already have them?
I thank you once again for your collaboration in order to answer to this
questionnaire BEFORE Friday 6th of June 2008, and I remain at your disposal
for any further information or clarifications, which you might require.

Yours Sincerely,

Frederic

Frederic E. Teboul, Ph.D., MBA
Manager for At-Large Regional Affairs
Phone Number: +33 6 3487 0575 (France) & +1 310 578 8642 (USA)
Email: frederic.teboul at icann.org
AIM/iSight: frederic.teboul at mac.com
Jabber: frederic.teboul at jabber.icann.org
Skype: frederic.teboul