[ALAC-Announce] ICANN News Alert -- ICANN59 Community Webinar

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Fri May 12 09:27:23 UTC 2017

[CANN][icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.icann.org_&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=7e47a3Itp0H5bHSLIeRyOTUhKVIC-WU4WI5BCkzddYo&s=a1Ur16AX5w-ctLhGKnYACeAKKvFLLM8f3mGduKbHSDs&e=>
News Alert

https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2017-05-11-en

________________________________
ICANN59 Community Webinar

[CANN 59 | Policy Forum | Johannesburg: 26-29 June 2017 | Join the ICANN59][icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.icann.org_sites_default_files_assets_icann59-2Dwebinar-2D750x300-2D16may17-2Den.png&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=7e47a3Itp0H5bHSLIeRyOTUhKVIC-WU4WI5BCkzddYo&s=7vcmzIpLDOkDhJvG-YjHMZJuuuij9fWkvXcoWwpoOL4&e=>

ICANN59 in Johannesburg, South Africa, will be ICANN's second ever Policy Forum. This four-day meeting will be focused on policy and advice development work, as well as outreach activities.

ICANN will be holding an informational webinar on Tuesday, 16 May 2017, at 1600 UTC to provide the community with a full update on ICANN59, including information on logistics, accommodations and travel. Details on the meeting schedule for Johannesburg will also be shared during the webinar, as well as being posted on the ICANN59 meeting website<https://meetings.icann.org/en/johannesburg59>.

The Supporting Organizations and Advisory Committees (SO/ACs) have taken the lead in organizing the meeting's program. As a reminder, there will be no official opening ceremony and no public forums, but networking receptions held each night will allow participants to interact outside of work sessions. Mornings will be dedicated to individual and joint sessions of the Supporting Organizations and Advisory Committees, and afternoons will feature cross-community sessions exploring a variety of topics, including ongoing policy development efforts.

The call is open for all to attend. The presentation and recording will be posted shortly after the conclusion of the webinar.

While we understand that there is a short notice period for this call, we wanted to hold the call as soon as feasible and allow people to listen to the recording when convenient for them. If you have questions, but are unable to attend, please email them to engagement at icann.org<mailto:engagement at icann.org>. We will answer submitted questions during the call as best we can, which you can then listen to once the recording has been posted to the ICANN site.

How to participate:

Link to Adobe Connect: https://participate.icann.org/community/
Upon logging into Adobe Connect, a pop up window will provide you the option to Listen Only or Dial Out to your Phone. Enter your Phone Number (remember to change the Country Code if needed). After joining the call, as a courtesy to others and the presenters, please MUTE your phone. This can be done by selecting *6 on your keypad. To UNMUTE select *6 again.

If you are Unable to log into Adobe Connect and can only join via phone:
List of International dial-In numbers: https://www.myrcplus.com/cnums.asp?bwebid=8369444&ppc=3535257619&num=1-605-475-5604[myrcplus.com]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.myrcplus.com_cnums.asp-3Fbwebid-3D8369444-26ppc-3D3535257619-26num-3D1-2D605-2D475-2D5604&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=mrDeztziKLa7gZqGADzxcnHA3QXmXYsnChWYBR4NElI&m=7e47a3Itp0H5bHSLIeRyOTUhKVIC-WU4WI5BCkzddYo&s=0dmPAVNBhpde0ScnKCQ7L0gESLPDCju7QDQDdgYkM5A&e=>
Participant Passcode: 353 525 7619

If you have questions, please send an email meetings at icann.org<mailto:meetings at icann.org>.