[ALAC-Announce] ICANN Newsletter -- 22 May 2015

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Tue May 26 22:46:54 UTC 2015

[ICANN]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/Week ending 22 May 2015

________________________________
Announcements This Week

Call for RSVPs | GNSO Working Group Newcomer Open House Session | 4 June 2015 at 20:00 UTC<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-05-22-en>
The GNSO Working Group Newcomer Open House Session returns on 4 June 2015 at 20:00 UTC and we are pleased to invite you to participate. These informal sessions provide an ideal opportunity for participants to ask questions about the GNSO Policy Development Process and the specifics of taking part in a Working Group.

Pre-ICANN 53 Policy Update Webinar<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2015-05-21-en>
The ICANN Policy Development Support Team will provide a Policy Update Webinar on Thursday, 11 June 2015 at 10:00 UTC and 19:00 UTC, summarizing policy activities across the ICANN policy development community and the ongoing Transition of Stewardship of the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Functions and the ICANN Accountability efforts.

Chehadé Announces Intention to End His Tenure as ICANN President & CEO in March 2016<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-05-21-en>
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) today announced that President and CEO Fadi Chehadé has informed the Board he will be concluding his tenure in March 2016 to move into a new career in the private sector (outside the Domain Name Industry).

What to Expect at ICANN 53: A Guide for Business Stakeholders<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-05-20-en>
When: Monday, 1 June 2015 | 15:00-016:00 UTC

Call for RSVPs | Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation Issues Working Group Webinar | 28 May 2015 at 14:00 UTC<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-05-19-en>
Please join the interim co-chairs of the Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation Issues Working Group for a one-hour webinar on Thursday 28 May 2015 at 1400 UTC, to hear about the preliminary recommendations that have now been published for public comment by the Working Group.

Upcoming Events

[Buenos Aires Logo]21-25 June 2015: 53rd International Public ICANN Meeting - Buenos Aires<http://buenosaires53.icann.org/en>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2016 - 2020<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

ICANN Five-Year Operating Plan: FY2016 - FY2020<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/opplan.htm>