[ALAC-Announce] ICANN Newsletter -- 12 June 2015

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Mon Jun 15 23:28:37 UTC 2015

[ICANN]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/Week ending 12 June 2015

________________________________
Announcements This Week

Second Latin American and Caribbean DNS Forum Will Take Place in Buenos Aires, Argentina<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2015-06-11-en>
The second edition of the LAC DNS Forum is a gathering place for industry, Internet policy and technical players. It will take place on 19 June in Buenos Aires and continues with the proposal originated in 2013 to promote a regional space for debate on DNS-related issues.

ICG - Fifth Face-to-Face Meeting and Working Session at ICANN 53 Buenos Aires<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-06-11-en>
The IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG) will be holding its next face-to-face meeting on Thursday 18 June and Friday 19 June from 09:00 - 17:00 in Buenos Aires.

Board Approves Singapore Hub Expansion<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-06-10-en>
As part of its globalization strategy, ICANN established an Asia Pacific Hub in Singapore in August 2013, to better serve its regional stakeholders.

The Third Africa DNS Forum to Take Place in Nairobi, Kenya<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-06-08-en>
This is the third Africa DNS forum following on the successful forums in Durban, South Africa (2013), and Abuja, Nigeria (2014).

Upcoming Events

[Buenos Aires Logo]21-25 June 2015: 53rd International Public ICANN Meeting - Buenos Aires<http://buenosaires53.icann.org/en>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2016 - 2020<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

ICANN Five-Year Operating Plan: FY2016 - FY2020<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/opplan.htm>