[ALAC-Announce] ICANN Newsletter -- 17 July 2015

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Tue Jul 21 01:48:29 UTC 2015

[ICANN]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/Week ending 17 July 2015

________________________________
Announcements This Week

ICANN to Resume Evaluation of DotConnectAfrica Trust Application for .AFRICA<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-07-16-en>
16 July 2015 - The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) today announced it will resume evaluation of DotConnectAfrica Trust's (DCA's) application for the .AFRICA new generic top-level domain.

EXTENDED: Draft Report: Review of the Generic Names Supporting Organization<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-07-15-en>
The Public Comment period for the Draft Report: Review of the Generic Names Supporting Organization has been extended.

Next-Generation gTLD Registration Directory Services to Replace WHOIS Preliminary Issue Report<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-07-13-en>
This public comment proceeding seeks to obtain community input on the new Preliminary Issue Report concerning Next-Generation gTLD Registration Directory Services (RDS) to Replace WHOIS.

Upcoming Events

[Dublin Logo]18-22 October 2015: 54th International Public ICANN Meeting - Dublin<https://meetings.icann.org/en>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2016 - 2020<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

ICANN FY16 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/opplan.htm>