[ALAC-Announce] ICANN Newsletter -- 3 July 2015

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Tue Jul 7 13:31:04 UTC 2015

[ICANN]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/Week ending 3 July 2015

________________________________
Announcements This Week

EXTENDED: Proposed Schedule and Process/Operational Improvements for AoC and Organization Reviews<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-07-02-en>
The Public Comment period for the Proposed Schedule and Process/Operational Improvements for AoC and Organizational Reviews has been extended.

Indonesia's PANDI Contributes to Responsive and Resilient Internet with First L-Root Instance in Indonesia<https://www.icann.org/resources/press-material/release-2015-07-01-en>
Jakarta, Indonesia ... The first L-Root instance in Indonesia has been successfully installed in Jakarta, increasing the Domain Name System's (DNS) overall fault tolerance and its resilience against certain types of cyber threats, such as Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.

Call for Expressions of Interest for 2016 | Nominating Committee Chair and Chair-Elect<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-07-01-en>
ICANN is seeking expressions of interest for leadership roles in the 2016 Nominating Committee (NomCom) - that of the 2016 NomCom Chair and Chair-Elect.

GNSO Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information Policy Development Process (PDP) Recommendations for Board Consideration<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2015-06-29-en>
This public comment proceeding seeks to obtain community input on the seven recommendations of the Generic Names Supporting Organization's Policy Development Process on Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information.

ICG Announces Upcoming Meetings<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-06-29-en>
The IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG) has scheduled its twentieth to twenty-sixth calls.

Upcoming Events

[Dublin Logo]18-22 October 2015: 54th International Public ICANN Meeting - Dublin<https://meetings.icann.org/en>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2016 - 2020<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

ICANN FY16 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/opplan.htm>