[ALAC-Announce] ICANN Newsletter -- 26 December 2014

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Fri Jan 2 20:50:45 UTC 2015

[ICANN]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/Week ending 26 December 2014

________________________________
Announcements This Week

WHOIS Accuracy Pilot Study Report<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2014-12-23-en>
The WHOIS Pilot Accuracy Study Report highlights the design, methodology and findings of a pilot study commissioned by ICANN to inform the design of its WHOIS Accuracy Reporting System.

Request for Proposal for Web Accessibility Assessment for ICANN.org<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-12-23-en>
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers ("ICANN") is seeking one or more providers to conduct an assessment of website accessibility including ICANN.org and possibly the related subsidiary websites.

A New L-Root Instance Established with ICANN and China's ZDNS Cooperation<https://www.icann.org/resources/press-material/release-2014-12-22-en>
Beijing, China ... A new L-Root instance has been installed in China, increasing the Domain Name System's (DNS) overall fault tolerance and its resilience against certain types of cyber threats, such as Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.

Joint Statement from ISOC / ICANN Meeting<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-12-20-en>
On 17 December 2014 representatives from ISOC and ICANN, along with the chairs of the IETF and IAB, met to discuss two separate timely topics, the IANA Stewardship Transition and the NETMundial Initiative.

Upcoming Events

[Singapore Logo]8-12 February 2015: 52nd International Public ICANN Meeting - Singapore<http://singapore52.icann.org/en/>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2012 - 2015<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

Adopted FY15 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>