[ALAC-Announce] ICANN Newsletter -- 13 February 2015

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Thu Feb 19 18:17:34 UTC 2015

[ICANN]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/Week ending 13 February 2015

________________________________
Announcements This Week

CWG-Stewardship Chairs' Statement - Summary of ICANN 52 Meeting | Lise Fuhr & Jonathan Robinson<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-4-2015-02-12-en>
The Cross Community Working Group (CWG) on Naming Related Functions held two sessions at the ICANN 52 Meeting in Singapore (8-12 February 2015): a two-hour working session on Wednesday, and a questions and answers session on Thursday.

ICANN 52 Board Statement on ICANN Sending IANA Stewardship Transition and Enhancing ICANN Accountability Proposals to NTIA<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-3-2015-02-12-en>
We have received several questions requesting clarification as to how ICANN will handle receipt of the proposal from the ICG and the Work Stream 1 proposal from the CCWG. We hope the following will be helpful.

ICANN and APTLD Signs Memorandum of Understanding to Promote Regional Collaboration<https://www.icann.org/resources/press-material/release-2015-02-12-en>
Singapore... ICANN and the Asia Pacific Top Level Domain (APTLD) today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to forge an alliance to foster and promote regional collaboration.

IAB Liaison to the Root Server System Advisory Committee (RSSAC)<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2015-02-11-en>
The Internet Architecture Board and the Root Server System Advisory Committee (RSSAC) issued a joint statement confirming their ongoing liaison relationship.

ICANN 52 Singapore GAC Communiqué<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-02-12-en>
The Governmental Advisory Committee meeting at ICANN 52 in Singapore has issued its Singapore Communiqué.

ICANN Signs MOU with EURid to Develop Local Expertise in the Domain Names System (DNS) Sector in Africa and the Middle East<https://www.icann.org/resources/press-material/release-2015-02-10-en>
Singapore, 9 February, 2015 - The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) signed today with the European Registry for Internet Domains (EURid), manager of the .eu TLD, a Memorandum of Understanding for the purpose of collaborating together on developing local expertise in DNS technical, policy, and business areas in Africa and the Middle East.

IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group Responds to Submitted Proposals<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-02-09-en>
As part of its assessment of the proposals received concerning protocol parameters and numbers, the ICG has sent the following question to the IETF IANAPLAN working group and CRISP team: https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-02-09-en#icgresponse

Global Tech Leaders Reaffirm Commitment to Multistakeholder Model of Internet Governance<https://www.icann.org/resources/press-material/release-2015-02-09-en>
Singapore...Singapore's Minister of Communications and Information, Dr. Yaacob bin Ibrahim, and former Senior Advisor to President Bill Clinton, Ira Magaziner, spoke to the success of the multistakeholder model of Internet governance during the Opening Ceremony of ICANN's 52nd public meeting today.

Upcoming Events

[Buenos Aires Logo]21-25 June 2015: 53rd International Public ICANN Meeting - Buenos Aires<http://buenosaires53.icann.org/en>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2012 - 2015<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

Adopted FY15 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>