[ALAC-Announce] ICANN Newsletter -- 24 April 2015

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Mon Apr 27 20:33:49 UTC 2015

[ICANN]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/Week ending 24 April 2015

________________________________
Announcements This Week

Update on the IANA Stewardship Transition and ICANN Accountability<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-04-23-en>
Date: Tuesday 5th May 2015; Time: 12:00 UTC

2nd Draft Proposal of the Cross Community Working Group to Develop an IANA Stewardship Transition Proposal on Naming Related Functions<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-04-22-en>
The ICANN Cross Community Working Group responsible for the naming related portion of the IANA Stewardship Transition (CWG-Stewardship)1<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-04-22-en#1> seeks public comment on its 2nd draft proposal for the transition of the stewardship of the IANA Functions Contract from the U. S. Department of Commerce's NTIA to the global multistakeholder community. The draft proposal has been prepared in order to pave the way for a response (the Final Proposal) to the IANA Stewardship Coordination Group (ICG) request for proposals.

Upcoming Events

[Buenos Aires Logo]21-25 June 2015: 53rd International Public ICANN Meeting - Buenos Aires<http://buenosaires53.icann.org/en>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2012 - 2015<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

Adopted FY15 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>