[ALAC-Announce] ICANN Newsletter -- 17 April 2015

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Tue Apr 21 14:27:27 UTC 2015

[ICANN]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/Week ending 17 April 2015

________________________________
Announcements This Week

Update to BCG Study - Country Clusters Analysis Now Available<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2015-04-16-en>
Which Wheels to Grease? Reducing Friction in the Internet Economy is an update to the 2014 report Greasing the Wheels of the Internet Economy by the Boston Consulting Group commissioned by ICANN.

WEBINAR: Cross Community Working Group (CWG) On IANA Naming Related Functions: Briefing on 2nd Draft Proposal for Public Comment<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-04-16-en>
Following the request of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), an agency of the U.S Department of Commerce, for ICANN to "convene a multistakeholder process to develop a plan to transition the U.S. government stewardship role" with regard to the IANA Functions and related root zone management, a Cross Community Working Group (CWG-Stewardship) was formed with the purpose of developing a consolidated transition proposal for the elements of the IANA Functions relating to domain names.

ICG Publishes Update to Process Timeline<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-04-13-en>
The IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG) today announced that it has published an update to the group's Process Timeline.

Upcoming Events

[Buenos Aires Logo]21-25 June 2015: 53rd International Public ICANN Meeting - Buenos Aires<http://buenosaires53.icann.org/en>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2012 - 2015<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

Adopted FY15 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>