[ALAC-Announce] ICANN Newsletter -- 25 July 2014

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Tue Jul 29 14:27:10 UTC 2014

[ICANN]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/Week ending 25 July 2014

________________________________
Announcements This Week

China's 21Vianet Contributes to Stable and Resilient Internet with L-Root Instance | Introduction on Instance Helps Mitigate Network Outages, Delivers Improved Internet Experience<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-07-24-en>
A new instance of L-Root has been installed in China, increasing the Domain Name System's (DNS) overall fault tolerance and its resilience against certain types of cyber threats, such as Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.

Introduction of Two-Character Domain Names for .LUXURY, .WANG, XN--3BST00M, XN--6QQ986B3XL, XN--CZRU2D, XN--45Q11C, .BUILD, .REN, .PIZZA, .RESTAURANT, .GIFTS, .SARL, XN--55QX5D, XN--IO0A7I, and 20 TLDs associated with Top Level Domain Holdings Limited<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-07-23-en>
Seven (7) Registry Services Evaluation Process (RSEP) requests were submitted by the registry operators to allow the introduction of two-character domain names for the below TLDs.

Upcoming Events

12-16 October 2014: 51st International Public ICANN Meeting - Los Angeles<http://la51.icann.org/en/>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2012 - 2015<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

Adopted FY14 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>