[ALAC-Announce] ICANN Newsletter -- 20 June 2014

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Mon Jun 23 23:29:02 UTC 2014

[http://www.icann.org/images/gradlogo_bow.jpg]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/ Week ending 20 June 2014

________________________________
Announcements This Week

Update on Root Zone Label Generation Rule Generation Panel Formation<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-3-2014-06-21-en>
As we approach ICANN 50, ICANN is pleased to share the steady momentum of the development on the formation of Generation Panels for developing the script proposals.

Maximal Starting Repertoire Version 1 (MSR-1) for the Development of Label Generation Rules for the Root Zone<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2014-06-20-en>
To support IDN labels in the root zone, the ICANN community, at the direction of the Board, undertook several projects to study and make recommendations on their viability and delegation.

Experienced Internet Veterans Return to ICANN to Support Global Engagement and Technical Excellence<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-06-20-en>
20 June 2014 – The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) today announced that it is has named David Conrad to the newly created position of Chief Technology Officer (CTO), and Anne-Rachel Inné to the role of VP, Government Engagement – Geneva.

Universal Acceptance of TLDs Draft Roadmap<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-06-18-en>
To solicit community comment on draft roadmap for the Universal Acceptance Initiative.

ICANN Grants Data Retention Waiver to BLACKNIGHT INTERNET SOLUTIONS LTD.<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2014-06-16-en>
BLACKNIGHT INTERNET SOLUTIONS LTD. ("Registrar") submitted to ICANN a Registrar Data Retention Waiver Request ("Waiver Request") on the basis of Registrar's contention that compliance with the data collection and/or retention requirements of the Data Retention Specification in the 2013 RAA violates applicable law in Ireland.

ICANN Grants Data Retention Waiver to NAMEWEB BVBA<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-06-16-en>
NAMEWEB BVBA ("Registrar") submitted to ICANN a Registrar Data Retention Waiver Request ("Waiver Request") on the basis of Registrar's contention that compliance with the data collection and/or retention requirements of the Data Retention Specification in the 2013 RAA violates applicable law in Belgium.

Upcoming Events

[http://london50.icann.org/sites/default/files/logo-300x214-30apr14-en.png]22-26 June 2014: 50th International Public ICANN Meeting – London<http://london50.icann.org/>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2012 - 2015<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

Adopted FY14 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>