[ALAC-Announce] ICANN Newsletter -- 11 April 2014

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Mon Apr 14 17:13:30 UTC 2014

[http://www.icann.org/images/gradlogo_bow.jpg]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/ Week ending 11 April 2014

________________________________
Announcements This Week

ICANN Draft Five-Year Strategic Plan (FY16 – FY20)<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-2-09apr14-en.htm>
Public comment is invited on the Draft ICANN Five–Year Strategic Plan (FY16–FY20) through May 2014. Built on community input received throughout an extensive, public strategy conversation, the Draft Strategic Plan proposes a new Vision, reiterates ICANN's existing Mission, and describes five focus areas with Strategic Objectives and Goals.

Call for Public Input: Transition of NTIA's Stewardship of the IANA Functions<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-09apr14-en.htm>
Draft Proposal Based on Initial Community Feedback of the Principles, Mechanisms and the Process to Develop a Proposal to Transition NTIA's Stewardship of the IANA Functions.

ICANN Cross Community Working Group on Internet Governance's Submission to NETMundial<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-08apr14-en.htm>
To obtain feedback from the wider ICANN Community on the Contribution to NETMundial from the ICANN Cross Community Working Group on Internet Governance.

The IANA Functions Explained – New ICANN Infographic<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-07apr14-en.htm>
Click here to download the new IANA Functions Infographic. This new guide explains how these core functions allow you and everyone around the globe to utilize the Internet.

Upcoming Events

22-26 June 2014: 50th International Public ICANN Meeting – London<http://london50.icann.org/>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2012 - 2015<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

Adopted FY14 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>