[ALAC-Announce] IANA in Transition: Update

At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Wed Apr 9 10:21:47 UTC 2014

http://blog.icann.org/2014/04/iana-in-transition-update/

IANA in Transition: Update
by Theresa Swinehart on April 7, 2014

We received an overwhelming response to our call for feedback in the design
of a community-driven process toward achieving transition of NTIA¹s
Stewardship of the IANA Functions. From the launch of the public comment
process in Singapore two weeks ago through last Thursday, we received
numerous ideas on principles and mechanisms and are now incorporating them
into our consultation materials. We also are taking into account feedback
received from our I* partners.

As a result, we need a little longer than the anticipated 7 April deadline
for finalizing and posting the scoping, draft process proposal and timeline
documents for further public dialogue. We will now be posting COB on 8 April
(UTC). Thanks for your understanding and stay tuned!

Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Ariel Liang, Gisella Gruber, Nathalie
Peregrine and Terri Agnew
ICANN Policy Staff in support of ALAC

E-mail: staff at atlarge.icann.org

One World, One Internet