[ALAC-Announce] ICANN News Alert -- Update from the 2014 Nominating Committee Chair

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Wed Apr 2 15:32:32 UTC 2014

[http://www.icann.org/images/gradlogo_bow.jpg]<http://www.icann.org/>
News Alert

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-01apr14-en.htm

________________________________
Update from the 2014 Nominating Committee Chair

Interested in being considered for a Leadership Position by the 2014 Nominating Committee (NomCom)? Your "Candidacy Application Request form" needs to have been received and therefore, formally initialised, by our closing deadline. That deadline is TODAY, 23:59 UTC on 1 April 2014.

This year, the NomCom has introduced a new application procedure designed to make it easier to apply. Here are some answers to questions you might have about this new procedure.

Q. I've sent off my "Candidacy Application Request form" from the NomCom website, now what happens?

A. Providing the Candidacy Application Request form step is taken any time before the deadline of 23:59 UTC on 1 April 2014, staff will acknowledge its receipt and then prepare a personalised and dedicated application form space for you to complete a 'pro-forma' Statement of Interest form. This contains about six or so questions/ sections. You will receive a link and log on credentials (unless you already have them) to complete the form. Sufficient time is being provided for you to complete the Statement of Interest step of the process even if you initialise the process right up to the deadline. The deadline for providing the NomCom with your completed application form is 23:59 UTC on 7 April 2014.

Q. I have received my link and log on but have not yet completed all the form sections. Does this have to be done before 23:59 UTC on 1 April 2014?

A. As long as you have initialised the process before 23:59 UTC on 1 April 2014, you have until 23:59 UTC on 7 April 2014 to complete the next step.

Q. This is very different to what has happened previously isn't it?

A. Yes. This new system now allows applicants to save and edit their application (previously all needed to be done in a single session) before submitting the completed form. The set of questions presented is also reduced to only the section a candidate is interested in. The new system also allows for easier cut and paste of externally prepared documents, and materials including images, videos presentations web links to third party Bio and CV sites etc.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr … (CLO)
Chair of the 2014 ICANN Nominating Committee