[ALAC-Announce] ICANN News Alert -- Ashwin Rangan to Join ICANN as New Chief Innovation and Information Officer

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Tue Mar 4 01:35:31 UTC 2014

[http://www.icann.org/images/gradlogo_bow.jpg]<http://www.icann.org/>
News Alert

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-03mar14-en.htm

________________________________
Ashwin Rangan to Join ICANN as New Chief Innovation and Information Officer

[http://www.icann.org/sites/default/files/assets/rangan-150x200-03mar14.png]<http://www.icann.org/sites/default/files/assets/rangan-150x200-03mar14.png>

Veteran business leader Ashwin Rangan has joined ICANN as its first Chief Innovation and Information Officer. Rangan assumes the new role on March 3, 2014 and will report directly to President and CEO Fadi Chehadé.

"We want to tap into Ashwin's expertise in the IT arena in support of our on-going focus on operational excellence and internationalization," said Chehadé. "In addition, we think Ashwin's experience will make him a very valuable resource as we expand our technical services to the ICANN community."

Throughout his career, Rangan has driven global expansion and been at the forefront of innovation through skillful implementation of IT infrastructure and management.

"This is an exciting opportunity, I am looking forward to working with ICANN during its international expansion and to help the organization strive to serve the needs of its global community," said Ashwin Rangan.

Rangan previously served as the Chief Information Officer for a variety of companies, including Edwards Lifesciences, MarketShare, Walmart Inc., and Rockwell Semiconductors.

Rangan, who will be based in ICANN's Los Angeles hub office, holds a Master's degree in Industrial Engineering and Management from the National Institute of Industrial Engineering in Mumbai, India. He is fluent in English, Hindi, Kannada and Tamil.