[ALAC-Announce] ICANN Newsletter -- 24 January 2014

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Thu Jan 30 15:57:24 UTC 2014

[http://www.icann.org/images/gradlogo_bow.jpg]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/ Week ending 24 January 2014

________________________________
Announcements This Week

BCG Study: Countries that Expand Internet Access and Use Can Spur Digital Economy Growth<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-24jan14-en.htm>
Greasing the Wheels of the Internet Economy is a new report by Boston Consulting Group, commissioned by ICANN. The report takes a look at Internet access and use around the world, and the economic importance of an open single Internet.

WEBINAR: ICANN Strategy Panel on ICANN Multistakeholder Innovation<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-23jan14-en.htm>
You are invited to an update on the activities of the Strategy Panel on ICANN Multistakeholder Innovation. The work of the ICANN Strategy Panels will inform ICANN's new, overarching vision and five-year strategic plan.

Largest Domain Name Expansion in Internet's History Reaches Benchmark<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-2-21jan14-en.htm>
Los Angeles, California… ICANN's Global Domains Division today announced that the number of new generic Top-Level Domains (gTLDs) delegated into the Internet's Root Zone has topped 100.

Review of Trusted Community Representation in Root Zone DNSSEC Key Signing Ceremonies<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-21jan14-en.htm>
Based on feedback from the current TCRs and our experience from the first 14 ceremonies, we are reviewing what changes, if any, should be made to the current model of Trusted Community Representative participation.

Upcoming Events

[http://meetings.icann.org//files/meetings/meetings/Singapore49_Logo_300x155_72.png]23-27 March 2014: 49th International Public ICANN Meeting – Singapore<http://singapore49.icann.org/>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2012 - 2015<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

Adopted FY14 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>