[ALAC-Announce] ICANN Newsletter -- 24 October 2014

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Tue Oct 28 14:39:43 UTC 2014

[ICANN]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/Week ending 24 October 2014

________________________________
Announcements This Week

The Internet Today and Tomorrow<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2-2014-10-23-en>
A daylong event to discuss how Internet Governance shapes the way the Internet works and how we use it.

ICANN CEO Congratulates Newly Elected ITU Secretary-General Houlin Zhao<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-10-23-en>
Fadi Chehadé, The President and Chief Executive Officer of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has extended his congratulations and best wishes to the newly elected Secretary-General of the International Telecommunications Union (ITU).

Results Available for 22 October 2014 New gTLD Auction<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-10-22-en>
On 22 October 2014, an Auction conducted by ICANN's authorized Auction service provider, Power Auctions LLC, was held to resolve string contention sets for three new generic Top-level Domain (gTLD) strings; SALON, SPOT, and REALTY.

Extended: Public Comment period for Board Working Group Report on Nominating Committee (BWG-NomCom)<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-10-21-en>
The Public Comment period for Board Working Group Report on Nominating Committee (BWG-NomCom) has been extended. In view of the significant interest displayed by the community in this report at ICANN51, and in view of the importance of the topic for the future governance of ICANN, the comment period has been extended to 30 November 2014 and the reply period to 9 January 2015.

Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D Policy Development Process (PDP) Recommendations for ICANN Board Consideration<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-10-20-en>
Obtain community input on the 18 recommendations of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Policy Development Process (PDP) on changes to the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D, prior to consideration for adoption by the ICANN Board.

Upcoming Events

8-12 February 2015: 52nd International Public ICANN Meeting - Marrakech<http://marrakech52.icann.org/en/>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<https://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<https://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2012 - 2015<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/planning-2012-02-25-en>

Adopted FY14 Operating Plan and Budget<https://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>