[ALAC-Announce] ICANN Newsletter -- 29 November 2013

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Tue Dec 3 17:35:20 UTC 2013

[http://www.icann.org/images/gradlogo_bow.jpg]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/ Week ending 29 November 2013

________________________________
Announcements This Week

Study on Whois Misuse<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-2-27nov13-en.htm>
This study, conducted by Carnegie Mellon University's Cylab (CMU), examines the extent to which public Whois contact information for gTLD domain names is misused (i.e. harmful actions such as spam, phishing, identity theft or data theft are taken using gTLD registration data).

Protection of IGO and INGO Identifiers in All gTLDs (PDP) Recommendations for Board Consideration<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-27nov13-en.htm>
To obtain community input on the recommendations recently adopted by the GNSO Council concerning the Protection of IGO and INGO Identifiers in All gTLDs Policy Development Process prior to their consideration by the ICANN Board of Directors.

Upcoming Events

23-27 March 2014: 49th International Public ICANN Meeting – Singapore<http://singapore49.icann.org/>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2012 - 2015<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

Adopted FY13 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>