[ALAC-Announce] ICANN Newsletter -- 27 September 2013

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Mon Sep 30 18:22:29 UTC 2013

[http://www.icann.org/images/gradlogo_bow.jpg]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/ Week ending 27 September 2013

________________________________
Announcements This Week

ICANN Whois Privacy/Proxy Abuse Study Findings Webinar Invitation<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-27sep13-en.htm>
You are invited to participate in a webinar about the recently released Whois Privacy/Proxy Abuse Study, conducted for ICANN by the National Physical Laboratory (NPL) in the United Kingdom.

Study on Whois Privacy & Proxy Service Abuse<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-24sep13-en.htm>
This study, conducted by the National Physical Laboratory (NPL) in the United Kingdom, analyzes gTLD domain names to measure whether the percentage of privacy/proxy use among domains engaged in illegal or harmful Internet activities is significantly greater than among domain names used for lawful Internet activities.

________________________________
Upcoming Events

[http://buenosaires48.icann.org/files/meetings/buenosaires2013/buenosaires48-logo-328x140-12sep13-en.png]<http://buenosaires48.icann.org/> 17-21 November 2013: 48th International Public ICANN Meeting - Buenos Aires<http://buenosaires48.icann.org/>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2012 - 2015<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

Adopted FY13 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>

This message was sent to matt.ashtiani at icann.org<mailto:matt.ashtiani at icann.org> from:

ICANN | 12025 Waterfront Drive Suite 300 | Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536

Email Marketing by [http://app.icontact.com/images/icontact_tryFree.gif] <http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186>