[ALAC-Announce] ICANN Newsletter -- 30 August 2013

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Tue Sep 3 18:42:53 UTC 2013

From: ICANN Newsletter <communications at icann.org<mailto:communications at icann.org>>
Date: Tuesday, September 3, 2013 11:35 AM
To: Matt Ashtiani <matt.ashtiani at icann.org<mailto:matt.ashtiani at icann.org>>
Subject: ICANN Newsletter -- 30 August 2013

[http://www.icann.org/images/gradlogo_bow.jpg]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/ Week ending 30 August 2013

________________________________
Announcements This Week

ICANN Announces Conclusion of New gTLD Initial Evaluations<http://www.icann.org/en/news/press/releases/release-30aug13-en.pdf> [PDF, 211 KB]
Los Angeles, California… ICANN’s Generic Domains Division announced today the conclusion of the Initial Evaluation (IE) phase of the new generic Top-Level Domains (gTLD) program. More than 1,700 applications have now moved to the next steps in the program.

New gTLD Dotless Domain Names Prohibited<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-30aug13-en.htm>
At its meeting on 13 August 2013, the ICANN Board New gTLD Program Committee (NGPC) adopted a resolution affirming that "dotless domain names" are prohibited.

Webinar: Digital Engagement Project<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-29aug13-en.htm>
Please join us for a webinar on Wednesday, 4 September 2013 at 14:00 – 15:00 UTC during which we will update the community on the project background and status.

Internet Governance Expert to Advise ICANN on Global Strategy<http://www.icann.org/en/news/press/releases/release-28aug13-en.pdf> [PDF, 266 KB]
Los Angeles, California… Theresa Swinehart, a leading expert on international Internet governance and policy and a major force in ICANN’s historical evolution, has been named Senior Advisor to the President on Global Strategy.

Adopted FY14 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-27aug13-en.htm>
On 22 August 2013, the ICANN Board approved the FY14 Operating Plan and Budget. This document describes the planned core operations and project activities, aligned with the required funding, for the 2014 fiscal year.

________________________________
Upcoming Events

[http://buenosaires48.icann.org/files/meeting_bp_logo.png]<http://buenosaires48.icann.org/> 17-21 November 2013: 48th International Public ICANN Meeting - Buenos Aires<http://buenosaires48.icann.org/>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2012 - 2015<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

Adopted FY13 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>

This message was sent to matt.ashtiani at icann.org<mailto:matt.ashtiani at icann.org> from:

ICANN | 12025 Waterfront Drive Suite 300 | Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536

Email Marketing by [http://app.icontact.com/images/icontact_tryFree.gif] <http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186>