[ALAC-Announce] VOTE RESULTS: ALAC Statement to the Board Regarding Security and Stability Implications of New gTLDs

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Fri May 31 15:59:09 UTC 2013

Dear All,

With 12 out of 15 ALAC Members having voted on the "ALAC Statement to the Board Regarding Security and Stability Implications of New gTLDs<https://community.icann.org/x/vRh-Ag>" we can confirm that the result is quorate.

*****
Question: Do you support the ratification of the "ALAC Statement to the Board Regarding Security and Stability Implications of New gTLDs<https://community.icann.org/x/vRh-Ag>" for communication to the relevant parties?
ALAC Statement to the Board Regarding Security and Stability Implications of New gTLDs
As at Poll close: Thursday 30 May 2013 23:59 UTC
Number of voters: 12 · Group size: 15 · Percentage voted: 80.00
Ranked by votes
Rank    Options Votes   %       Voters
1       Yes     11      91.67   Holly Raiche, Carlton Samuels, Eduardo Diaz, Tijani Ben Jemaa, Natalia Enciso, Dev Anand Teelucksingh, Jean-Jacques Subrenat, Sandra Hoferichter, Olivier Crépin-Leblond, Yaovi Atohoun, Rinalia Abdul Rahim
2       Abstain 1       8.33    Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro
3       No      0       0.00

We can confirm that the following members did not participate in this vote:
Titi Akinsanmi, Alan Greenberg, and Evan Leibovitch

We can confirm that the following members abstained in this vote. For those that have abstained, would you like to provide an explanation of why you abstained?
Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro - "Unless there is a without prejudice provision to the rollout of IDN gTLDs added to the statement, I will have to abstain. The reasons for my abstention is that the delay on the rollout of IDNs (generic top level domain names) should not be veiled under security/stability concerns where there are established reports from the community and tests run already such as IDN ccTLDs."

You may review the results independently under:
https://www.bigpulse.com/pollresults?code=3145rdzTJ96ez4SHnYeK2IwQ

Regards,

Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Matt Ashtiani, Gisella Gruber, Nathalie Peregrine and Julia Charvolen
ICANN Policy Staff in support of ALAC
E-mail: staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>a