[ALAC-Announce] FW: ICANN Newsletter -- 22 March 2013

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Tue Mar 26 00:07:57 UTC 2013

[http://www.icann.org/images/gradlogo_bow.jpg]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/ Week ending 22 March 2013

________________________________
Announcements This Week

Initial Evaluation Results Released for First Set of Applications<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-22mar13-en.htm>
Today marks a major milestone in the New gTLD Program: Initial Evaluation (IE) results for the first set of new gTLD applications have been released to applicants and the general public.

IDN Variant TLD Program -- Conclusion of Third Phase<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-3-21mar13-en.htm>
The IDN Variant TLD Program continues to progress towards a future secure and stable delegation of IDN variant TLDs. We are announcing today the conclusion of the third (out of four) phase of the Program with the publication of two reports: the IDN Root Label Generation Rules (LGR) Procedure, and the User Experience Study for Active Variant TLDs.

New gTLD Sessions Planned for Beijing<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-2-21mar13-en.htm>
Updated 22 March 2013 -- The New gTLD Program continues to move forward. Release of Initial Evaluation results will begin this week and the Trademark Clearinghouse will launch on 26 March.

Composition of the Meeting Strategy Working Group (MSWG)<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-21mar13-en.htm>
20 March 2013 -- The Selectors of the Meeting Strategy Working Group (MSWG) announce the composition of the Working Group.

2013 Nominating Committee is Actively Seeking Candidates<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-19mar13-en.htm>
ICANN's 2013 Nominating Committee (NomCom) will be attending the 46th ICANN Meeting in Beijing, China, (http://beijing46.icann.org/) and conduct a number of open meetings to provide detailed information to the community about the NomCom's work and obtain input from the ICANN entities regarding desirable applicant qualities.

________________________________
Upcoming Events

[http://beijing46.icann.org/files/meetings/beijing2013/ICANN46-Beijing-MeetingLogo-Mar13-01_0.png]<http://beijing46.icann.org/> 7 - 11 April 2013: 46th International Public ICANN Meeting - Beijing<http://beijing46.icann.org/>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2012 - 2015<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

Adopted FY13 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>

This message was sent to matt.ashtiani at icann.org<mailto:matt.ashtiani at icann.org> from:

ICANN | 12025 Waterfront Drive Suite 300 | Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536

Email Marketing by [http://app.icontact.com/images/icontact_tryFree.gif] <http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186>