[ALAC-Announce] FW: ICANN Newsletter -- 11 January 2013

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Mon Jan 14 20:54:07 UTC 2013

[http://www.icann.org/images/gradlogo_bow.jpg]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/ Week ending 11 January 2013

________________________________
Announcements This Week

Fellowship Application Round Opens for ICANN 47 in Durban, South Africa<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-11jan13-en.htm>
How Do I Apply for the Fellowship Program? The Fellowship Program has demonstrated success in its mission to build capacity in the ICANN multi-stakeholder environment through focused interactive engagement between newcomers to ICANN and community members at each of the ICANN meetings.

Preliminary Issue Report on Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-2-08jan13-en.htm>
As a required step in the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Policy Development Process (PDP), ICANN Staff is seeking input on the Preliminary Issue Report on Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information.

ICANN Board-Stakeholder Action List<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-08jan13-en.htm>
21 December 2012. The attached ICANN Board-Stakeholder Action List sets out what the Board heard in Toronto where Board action is required and what the Board plans to do.

Buenos Aires, Singapore, London Identified as ICANN Meeting Sites for 2013-14<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-07jan13-en.htm>
Completing the selection of meeting sites for 2013, the ICANN Board approved Buenos Aires, Argentina, as the location of ICANN’s 48th public meeting, to be held 17-21 November 2013. The Board also approved Singapore, London and a North American city (to be determined) as locations for the organization’s 2014 meetings.

Upcoming Events

[http://beijing46.icann.org/files/meetings/toronto2012/beijing-draft-logo-236x140.png]<http://beijing46.icann.org> 7 - 11 April 2013: 46th International Public ICANN Meeting - Beijing<http://beijing46.icann.org>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2012 - 2015<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

Adopted FY13 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>

This message was sent to matt.ashtiani at icann.org<mailto:matt.ashtiani at icann.org> from:

ICANN | 12025 Waterfront Drive Suite 300 | Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536

Email Marketing by [http://app.icontact.com/images/icontact_tryFree.gif] <http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186>