[ALAC-Announce] ICANN Newsletter -- 1 June 2012

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Mon Jun 4 22:07:25 UTC 2012

[http://www.icann.org/images/gradlogo_bow.jpg]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/ Week ending 1 June 2012

________________________________
Announcements This Week

Public Comment Solicitation for FY13 Community Travel Support Guidelines<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-4-01jun12-en.htm>
Purpose is to provide community members with the opportunity to review and comment upon the proposed FY13 community travel support guidelines.

Protecting Trademark Rights in New gTLDs: Selection of Trademark Clearinghouse Service Providers<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-3-01jun12-en.htm>
ICANN is pleased to announce that it is working with Deloitte and IBM on implementation of Trademark Clearinghouse services.

ICANN's FY 13 Security, Stability and Resiliency Framework<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-2-01jun12-en.htm>
ICANN is publishing its FY 13 Security, Stability & Resiliency Framework for community review.

Period of 31 May - 10 June 2012: Public Comment Periods Approaching Closing Date<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-01jun12-en.htm>
The Following Public Comment periods are approaching their Comment or Reply Period Close dates, 31 May – 10 June 2012.

Universal Acceptance of All TLDs – Prague Meeting<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-31may12-en.htm>
At the upcoming ICANN meeting in Prague we will not have a session specific to this topic on the universal acceptance of all top-level domains. Instead we are reaching out to groups such as The At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC), Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) and others in order to schedule times to talk with them about the initiative and how they can help raise awareness.

New gTLD Update (30 May 2012)<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-2-30may12-en.htm>
The TLD Application System, or TAS, has now closed.

WHOIS Technical Requirements Survey - Draft<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-30may12-en.htm>
The Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council's WHOIS Survey Working Group (WSWG) requests community input on the draft WHOIS Technical Requirements Survey.

TAS Interruption - Update (29 May 2012)<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-2-29may12-en.htm>
The TLD Application System, or TAS, is scheduled to close tomorrow, 30 May 2012, at 23:59 GMT/UTC.

Notice of Extension of ICANN Comment Period: ICANN Draft FY13 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-29may12-en.htm>
ICANN has extended the ICANN Draft FY13 Operating Plan and Budget public comment period until 8 June 2012, with the reply period closing on June 15th 2012.

________________________________
Upcoming Events

[http://prague44.icann.org/files/meetings/prague2012/prague44-logo-225x140-21may12.png]<http://prague44.icann.org/> 24 - 29 June 2012: 44th International Public ICANN Meeting - Prague<http://prague44.icann.org/>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2011 - 2014<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

Adopted FY12 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>

This message was sent to matt.ashtiani at icann.org from:

ICANN | 4676 Admiralty Way Suite 330 | Marina del Rey, CA 90292-6601

Email Marketing by [http://app.icontact.com/images/icontact_tryFree.gif] <http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186>