[ALAC-Announce] ICANN News Alert -- New gTLD Update (30 May 2012)

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Fri Jun 1 13:40:11 UTC 2012

[http://www.icann.org/images/gradlogo_bow.jpg]<http://www.icann.org/>
News Alert

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-2-30may12-en.htm

________________________________
New gTLD Update (30 May 2012)

New gTLD Update by Akram Atallah, COO

The TLD Application System, or TAS, has now closed.

As of 23.00 GMT/UTC today, with one hour remaining before the system closed, just over 1900 applications had been submitted in TAS.

We will reconcile all payments and submitted applications, and will release the final numbers when the applied-for domain names are published. As we said yesterday, our target date for publishing the list of applied-for domain names is 13 June 2012.

We thank all applicants and the ICANN community for their support throughout the application process.

This message was sent to matt.ashtiani at icann.org from:

ICANN | 4676 Admiralty Way Suite 330 | Marina del Rey, CA 90292-6601

Email Marketing by [http://app.icontact.com/images/icontact_tryFree.gif] <http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186>