[ALAC-Announce] FW: ICANN Newsletter - 11 May 2012

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Mon May 14 17:31:49 UTC 2012

[http://www.icann.org/images/gradlogo_bow.jpg]<http://www.icann.org/>
ICANN Weekly Newsletter

News from the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/ Week ending 11 May 2012

________________________________
Announcements This Week

Joint Brazilian Network Information Center/ICANN Project Leads to Faster and Safer DNS Resolution in Brazil<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-2-11may12-en.htm>
The Brazilian Network Information Center (NIC.br), in cooperation with ICANN has completed an improvement to the Internet infrastructure that increases the resilience to potential abuse or attacks on Domain Name Service (DNS) by boosting name resolution capacity.

WHOIS Policy Review Team Final Report<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-11may12-en.htm>
The WHOIS Policy Review Team, constituted under ICANN's Affirmation of Commitments (AoC) agreement with the U.S. Department of Commerce, submitted its Final Report and Recommendations to the ICANN Board and this document has been posted for public comment.

Period of 10-20 May 2012: Public Comment Periods Approaching Closing Date<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-10may12-en.htm>
The Following Public Comment periods are approaching their Comment or Reply Period Close dates, May 10-20 2012.

TAS Interruption - Update (9 May 2012)<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-09may12-en.htm>
As we announced yesterday, ICANN has provided notice to all users to let them know whether they may have been affected by the technical glitch in the TLD application system, or TAS.

TAS Interruption - Update (8 May 2012)<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-08may12-en.htm>
ICANN is targeting 22 May 2012 as the intended reopening date for the TLD Application System.

TAS Interruption - Update (7 May 2012)<http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-07may12-en.htm>
In recognition of the inconvenience caused by the temporary suspension of the TLD application system, ICANN will provide a full refund of the application fees paid by any new gTLD applicant that wishes to withdraw its application prior to publication of the list of applied-for new top-level domain names.

________________________________
Upcoming Events

[http://www.icann.org/sites/default/files/events/prague44-logo-162x114-15mar12.png]<http://prague44.icann.org/> 24 - 29 June 2012: 44th International Public ICANN Meeting - Prague<http://prague44.icann.org/>

About ICANN

ICANN Bylaws<http://www.icann.org/en/general/bylaws.htm>

Our bylaws are very important to us. They capture our mission of security, stability and accessibility, and compel the organization to be open and transparent. Learn more at www.ICANN.org<http://www.icann.org/>.

Strategic Plan, 2011 - 2014<http://www.icann.org/en/planning/>

Adopted FY12 Operating Plan and Budget<http://www.icann.org/en/financials/budget-opplan.htm>

This message was sent to matt.ashtiani at icann.org<mailto:matt.ashtiani at icann.org> from:

ICANN | 4676 Admiralty Way Suite 330 | Marina del Rey, CA 90292-6601

Email Marketing by [http://app.icontact.com/images/icontact_tryFree.gif] <http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186>