[ALAC-Announce] ICANN ANNOUNCEMENT: ICANN News Alert -- TAS Interruption - Update (7 May 2012)

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Tue May 8 15:19:45 UTC 2012

Dear All,

Please find below an update on the TAS Interruption.

Regards,

Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Matt Ashtiani, Gisella Gruber, and Nathalie Peregrine
ICANN Policy Staff in support of ALAC
E-mail: staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>

From: ICANN News Alert <communications at icann.org<mailto:communications at icann.org>>
To: Matt Ashtiani <matt.ashtiani at icann.org<mailto:matt.ashtiani at icann.org>>
Subject: ICANN News Alert -- TAS Interruption - Update (7 May 2012)

[http://www.icann.org/images/gradlogo_bow.jpg]<http://www.icann.org/>
News Alert

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-07may12-en.htm

TAS Interruption - Update (7 May 2012)

Statement by Akram Atallah, COO

In recognition of the inconvenience caused by the temporary suspension of the TLD application system, ICANN will provide a full refund of the application fees paid by any new gTLD applicant that wishes to withdraw its application prior to publication of the list of applied-for new top-level domain names.

A resolution<http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/resolutions-new-gtld-06may12-en.htm> authorizing full refunds was adopted during a Board of Directors workshop in Amsterdam on Sunday, 6 May 2012.

We recognize that this represents an increase of only US $5000 over the refund that withdrawing applicants would otherwise receive, but we believe it is an important part of fulfilling our commitment to treat applicants fairly.

We regret the difficulties that we know the temporary suspension of TAS is causing.

This message was sent to matt.ashtiani at icann.org<mailto:matt.ashtiani at icann.org> from:

ICANN | 4676 Admiralty Way Suite 330 | Marina del Rey, CA 90292-6601

Email Marketing by [http://app.icontact.com/images/icontact_tryFree.gif] <http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186>