[ALAC-Announce] TAS Interruption - Update (23 April 2012)

At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Tue Apr 24 09:38:55 UTC 2012

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-2-23apr12-en.htm
TAS Interruption - Update (23 April 2012)
Statement by Akram Atallah, COO
ICANN made progress over the weekend in identifying all applicants who may
have been affected by the technical issue that caused the TLD application
system, or TAS, to be taken offline. We also want to inform all applicants,
prior to reopening, whether they have been affected by the glitch, and are
still gathering the information we need to do that.

Testing the fix is also proceeding well.

As noted in the FAQs posted on Saturday, we have postponed publication of
the list of applied-for new domain names, which was previously planned for
30 April.

Everyone involved in the new gTLD program is committed to bringing TAS back
online as soon as possible. Thank you again for your patience.

Regards,

Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Matt Ashtiani, Gisella Gruber, and Nathalie
Peregrine
ICANN Policy Staff in support of ALAC
E-mail: staff at atlarge.icann.org