[ALAC-Announce] TAS Interruption - Update (16 April 2012) | ICANN

At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Tue Apr 17 04:44:40 UTC 2012

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-16apr12-en.htm

Statement by Akram Atallah, COO
The TLD application system, or TAS, was taken offline on Thursday, 12 April
due to a technical issue.

We believe that we have fixed the glitch, and we are testing it to make
sure.

ICANN is committed to reopening the application system as soon as we can
confirm that the problem has been resolved and we have had proper time for
testing.

We also want to inform all applicants, before we reopen, whether they have
been affected by the glitch. We are still gathering information so we can do
that.

Accordingly, the application system will not reopen tomorrow.

We will provide an update on the timing of the reopening no later than
Friday, 20 April at 23.59 UTC.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,

Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Matt Ashtiani, Gisella Gruber, and Nathalie
Peregrine
ICANN Policy Staff in support of ALAC
E-mail: staff at atlarge.icann.org

*