[ALAC-Announce] Proposed Statement on 2012-2015 Strategic Plan Framework

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Mon Aug 29 01:04:30 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I have drafted a proposed statement based on the discussions that took
place with Kurt Pritz during the ALAC Conference call of 23 August 2011.

Please find the statement on:

https://community.icann.org/x/cYB6AQ

This aims to respond to Item 8 of the comment gathering process,
"General Comments on Strategic Plan". The deadline for comments is
today, 29 August 2011, but has been open for at-large since 23 August.
No suggestions on a statement were received on-line to the statement was
written entirely on the input from the ALAC and ALAC ExCom calls.

At this stage, may I emphasize that this opportunity to comment is only
one of *several* which will be afforded to the ALAC in the run-up to the
Dakar meeting. Furthermore, we plan to arrange for a meeting with Kurt
Pritz in Dakar, specifically to build on the issues we are addressing.
It would be helpful to receive more comments from members in At-Large
Structures in the run-up to the Dakar meeting, so as to be able to
continue the fruitful discussion that has started and to devise a plan
to make sure that our RALO and ALAC requests for funding that fall
directly in-line with ICANN's activities stand a better chance of being
granted in the future.

If you feel like you need to make a last-minute comment prior to the
statement being finalised and sent, please make it so on the wiki page
referenced above, by Monday 29 August 2011, 20:00 UTC.

Warm regards,

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond
ALAC Chair