[ALAC-Announce] Looking for replacement At-Large members for WHOIS Review Team

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Mon Jul 11 22:53:48 UTC 2011

Dear all,

due to an At-Large representative having sent his resignation from the
WHOIS Review Team because of increased work pressures, there is an
opening for an At-Large member in this very important group which was
created under the wider Affirmation of Commitments Reviews.
The original call for applicants was made in June 2010 and can be found
under:

http://www.icann.org/en/reviews/affirmation/call-for-applicants-01jun10-en.pdf

So far, about half of the Team's work has been completed. It is
therefore very important for At-Large to propose a replacement candidate.
The difference between the original call and the one we are making now,
is procedural - in that we are trying to fill an empty slot as soon as
possible.

To familiarise yourself with the Team's work, please consult its current
discussion paper, available for public comment from:
http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-09jun11-en.htm

The WHOIS-RT plan is to have a face-to-face meeting in Marina del Rey
(Los Angeles) in September and to have a draft final report ready around
the Dakar meeting.
This means that any candidate should be prepared to travel - and work
hard in the next few months.

How to Apply:

Send a copy of your CV (maximum 3 pages) in English, a one-page
motivation letter and an SOI (Statement of Interest), to:
staff at atlarge.icann.org

The SOI should answer the following questions:

1. Current vocation, employer and position
2. Type of work performed in #1 above
3. Identify any financial ownership or senior management/leadership
interest in registries, registrars or other firms that are interested
parties in ICANN policy or any entity with which ICANN has a
transaction, contract, or other arrangement.
4. Identify any type of commercial or non-commercial interest in ICANN
GNSO policy development processes and outcomes. Are you representing
other parties? Describe any arrangements/agreements between you and any
other group, constituency or person(s) regarding your
nomination/selection as a work team member. Describe any tangible or
intangible benefit that you receive from participation in such
processes. For example, if you are an academic or NGO and use your
position to advance your ability to participate, this should be a part
of the statement of interest, just as should employment by a contracted
party, or a business relationship with a non- contracted party who has
an interest in policy outcomes.
5. Are you a member of a GNSO Constituency / Stakeholder Group, and if
yes, which one(s)?

ICANN At-Large staff will compile the details and after the deadline for
applications which we're setting at Friday 22 July 2011, will forward
those for consideration by the GAC Chair and ICANN President/CEO who
will make the selection.

Ideally, we'd like this position to be applied for by someone who is not
in the "usual suspects" list.

Best regards,

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond
ALAC Chair