[AFRI-Discuss] Proposal for Modification of AFRALO Membership Process and Procedure

Peters Omoragbon petersomoragbon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 23:08:28 UTC 2023

Hello Moataz

Thanks for your proposal. Very Sound.
Permit me to modify it thus:  all members and anyone on the AFRILIST
interested in the governance structure of AFRALO to look into the existing
MOU and ROP and identify areas in need of amendments or expunging and share
with the ROP WG and also copy all members. The ROP WG can look at any
proposal and those fitting into the TOR would be treated while those
outside will be recommended for further action in phase two. NOTE: The work
of the ROP WG does not remove the RIGHT of any member to raise ANY MOTION
for the amendment of any section of the ROP/MOU at the GA provided that the
motion is seconded and a vote cast. See Article 7.5 of AFRALO Operating
Principles: “At any meeting where at least one half (1/2) of members are
present, a motion to amend, change, or repeal the Operating Principles may
be initiated. Two-thirds of the whole membership must consent for the
motion to carry “
If all the ALS take time to read the MOU and ROP you will agree with me
that, the ROP WG to me is a waste of manpower and time. All everyone is to
do is read and note areas that need amendment and raise the motion on the
floor of the GA. I have shared my areas that needed amendments with the ROP
WG and the general members in the past. Those are the NOMINATION PROCESS
and TENURE of all elected AFRALO leaders. And I made proposals which I
shall be glad to share with everyone as we prepare to go to Ghana.
Finally, it is good you are coming out now to engage in this discussion,
and would admonish others to do the same instead of sitting on the fence
waiting for others to do the job for them. If all of us have been this
engaging, we won't be having this issue at this time. In 2017, ALL MY
ATTEMPTS TO USE THAT GA IN SOUTH AFRICA TO RAISE THE MOTION FOR THE
AMENDMENTS OF THE ROP WAS FRUSTRATED BY THE AFRALO LEADERSHIP THEN.
We hope Ghana GA will be more productive.
Thank you
Pastor Peters Omoragbon