[AFRI-Discuss] Fwd: [AfrICANN-discuss] The 9th Africa Domain Name System Forum starts today

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 03:32:35 UTC 2021

Dear Seun,

Glad to have AFRALO as a key partner and participant. We will be discussing
the evolution of the DNS ecosystem in Africa and strengthening of
collaboration and engagement amongst the key actors in the Domain Name
System Ecosystem in Africa. You can register on www.dnsforum.africa

Looking forward to seeing many colleagues on the forum

*Day 1: 27 July 2021*

*TIME (UTC)*

*SESSION*

*      PRESENTER*

*09:00 - 09:30*

*09:30 - 10:00*

*Opening Ceremony*

*      Moderator: *Barrack Otieno - AFTLD

*      Panelists:*

●     Ali Hadji Mmadi - President - AFTLD

●     Mouhamet Diop - Chairman - AfRegistrar

●     Pierre Dandjinou - VP Stakeholder Engagement Africa - ICANN Org

●     Hadja Ouatarra Sanon - Minister of Digital Economy, Postal Services
and Digital Transformation - Republic of Burkina Faso

*      Keynote:* Evolving the DNS Ecosystem in Africa -

      Neil Dundas - CEO - DNS Africa

*BREAK*

*10:30 - 11:30*

*Panel: Discussion on the Evolving DNS Ecosystem in Africa, with a Focus
on: *

●        Technical Issues

●     Business Issues

●     Legal and Regulatory Issues

*      Moderator: *Oluniyi Ajao - Web4Africa

*      Panelists:*

●     Michael Musya - Afriregister

●     Joel Karubiu - KeNIC

●     Edith Udeagu - NIRA

●     Elena Plexida - ICANN

*BREAK*

*13:00 - 14:30*

*Panel: Showcases From Established and New National DNS Forum Initiatives
Across Africa*

*Interactive Discussion on the Opportunities and Challenges of National DNS
Forums*

*      Moderator:*  Bob Ochieng - ICANN

*      Panelists: *

●     Harold Adjaho - ISOC BENIN - Benin DNS Forum

●     Tomboye Ebrahim - ADETIC - Chad DNS Forum

●     Jasper Mangwana - ISOC Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe DNS Forum

●     Albert Kamga - ANTIC - Cameroon DNS Forum

●     Joe Marwa - KeNIC - Kenya DNS Forum

*END OF DAY 1*

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 6:15 AM Seun Ojedeji via AFRI-Discuss <
afri-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org> wrote:

> This is an fyi to members who will like to participate at the Africa DNS
> forum. It starts today. I encourage our members to attend the event as
> there is remote participation option.
>
> Regards
>
> Sent from my mobile
> Kindly excuse brevity and typos