[AFRI-Discuss] Open Letter to AFRALO Leadership

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 05:19:37 UTC 2019

Colleagues,

There is the letter in the rules of procedure and the spirit in the rules
of procedure. Hadia may have been a nominee of the nomcom but she has
represented and contributed to Internet developement in the Africa Region
very well through ALAC,AFRALO and DNS EC. She has also consistently
reported back to AFRALO the work she has been doing on EPDP. The issue of
individual members is still fairly new, has been debated extensively and i
think Abdulkarim was our first Individual member If my memory is right.
Despite the debates we had individual members who did nit have an ALS but
wanted to contribute to AFRALO have proved beneficial to the RALO by
contributing to various working groups. I therefore request colleagues
feeling disenfrachised to wave the olive branch as agreed during the call
since the letters in the rules of procedure can be prone to ambiguity but
this can be resolved as we move along together.

Regards